Applications are invited from committed, motivated and qualified Tanzanians to apply for postgraduate studies in the one of China’s best Oil and Gas Universities – the China University of Geosciences (Wuhan).
Sponsorship will be in the fields of oil and gas. The scholarships will be processed in collaboration with the Embassy of China in Tanzania and will be awarded to the best twenty two (22) candidates.
- Applicants must be holders of Bachelor’s degree in Earth Sciences or Engineering from recognized universities;
- Master’s Degree and Ph.D. applicants should not be older than 35 and 40 years respectively;
- Applicants will be required to pay for a ticket to China; other costs will be paid by the Government of China including return ticket; and
- Applicant once awarded scholarship, will not be allowed to decline for any reasons.
- MODE OF APPLICATION
- Interested applicants should write a letter of application to The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Energy and Minerals in which they should state their academic and practical background in the fields of gas and oil; level of studies they wish to pursue (Masters or Ph.D.); why they should be offered the scholarship; and how they will use their knowledge for the benefit of the nation.
- Applicants are required personally to conduct online application for the scholarship through http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org . The Agency Number for Online application is 8341.
- All applications should be addressed to:
Ministry of Energy and Minerals,
P.O. Box 2000,
Dar es Salaam.
- Applications must be attached with:
- Two copies of application forms printed from online applications;
- Two original sets of Letter of Recommendation;
- Two photocopies of academic transcripts of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy);
- Two photocopies of Diploma of the Most Advanced Studies (notarized photocopy);
- Two photocopies of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
- Two photocopies of Blood Test Report;
- Two copies of Study Plan (800 words) in China;
- Two copies of Birth Certificate;
- Reliable contacts: postal address and telephone numbers;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Copies of Form IV and VI National Examination Certificates; and
- One recent passport size photograph.
- All the above mentioned full package of application
documents should be arranged in two complete sets and use paper DIN A4.
- Testimonials/ provisional results/ statements of results will not be accepted.
- Applicants who are employed in the Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers; and
- Any application without relevant documents shall not be considered.
- Applicants who were awarded China Scholarship in 2016 and declined the opportunity should not apply these scholarships because they will not be considered.
3.9. Closing Date: 17th March, 2017.
3.10. Notification: Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 10th April, 2017.
Ministry of Energy and Minerals
5 Samora Machel Avenuee
- O. Box 2000,
11474 Dar es Salaam